HYDRAULIC POWER PRINCIPLE FOR SIDE SHELL-DOORS
The main principle of side shell-doors operations consists of a hydraulic cylinder powered by a hydraulic power pack, with which it is possible to obtain:
- Door maneuvering (open-close)
- Door cleating and blocking through a leverism system:
- With this application it is possible to obtain the water tightness through a neoprene gasket crushed on the hull structure
The main local signaling of door locked is provided through a limit switch which is assembled close to the cleating device. The signal is provided to the wheelhouse through the automation system.
The state of the art on side shell-door equipment is that it consists of two macro elements: the first one is the hydraulic system consisting of hydraulic power pack, cylinders, pipes, flexiblecomponents and conduits, valves, quick coupling for emergency maneuvering, where a fluidcomposed of mineral oil, poliglicol or ester-based oil is basically used.
Hydraulic power pack of side shell-doors
The hydraulic power pack can be of two types:
- mini-power pack: HPP for the operation of only one door (“dedicated”)
- centralized power pack: for the operation of many shell-doors trough the pipes network construction.
The second macro area is the electric system composed of cables, limit switch and HPP electric supply elements.